Thursday, August 12, 2010

Peachy Keen and Ice Cream

Nothing says summer like homemade ice cream at Grandma's house. I have fond memories of my dad and uncle turning the hand crank while each of us kids took a turn sitting on the cold towel on top of the metal cylinder. What was even better? The small bits of peaches Grandma cut up and threw in the mix.
Boys making ice cream, I love it.
Up close with the recipe...and vanilla.
And here's instructions from Grandma. I have to tell you that Grandma has the most amazing stories that you could hardly believe. I love to listen to her and hear about her life. I wish I could bottle her up so I don't forget a word she says! I guess that's why we love making ice cream, so we have our own stories to tell. Who couldn't love a grandma that does this with you?
Looks like she's made it a million times! "You blend, I'll hold."
...steady now...
and the last ingredients go in.
We used an electric ice cream maker and it was wonderful! No one got tired and everything inside was evenly mixed.
"Here....let me show you how!"
"Now you do it." (I could close my eyes and hear her voice like I was right there. So sweet.)


Look at those chunks of frozen peaches!
I think I had 3 bowls in a row....yikes!
Disclaimer: Grandma did not know I was posting these pictures. Don't worry, Grandma, no one judges you on your kitchen counter-top. I know that's what you're thinking.

1 comment: