Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Little Bo Peep Skirt

I made these Little Bo Peep skirts for both of my nieces. I got them out of one of my pattern books, Seams to Me. They looked so cute on each of them. I was amazed that my daughter picked out each of the fabric pieces and told me what part of the skirt to put them. I loved watching her at the fabric store and critically going over the bolts of fabric until she found exactly what she was looking for. Oh, no....she's detail oriented like me, and she's only 8 yr. old. Yikes.


She did such a good job figuring out what each of them would love.



These are the side panels and ruffles. There's an elastic waist and fabric sewn on top of the ruffles.




I think she'll wear this one out.


This is the other one I made (along with my daughter's direction) and I don't know how my niece snuck out without me getting a picture but she did, so I don't have this one modeled. I'm sure you can use your imagination!


I love the birds on this one...so vibrant and crisp. Great color scheme and beautiful collections of prints. Way to go, little dear!

No comments:

Post a Comment