Thursday, July 1, 2010

Vintage Patterns

I bought all of these patterns at a thrift shop for 25 cents each. It was a steal and I even found them in my size (yyyyyyyyeeeEEAH!). I'm going to paint you a picture of a different era....a sewing era full of talent and the absolute need for many outfits in one day.
Let's take a step back in time for a moment. Back to a time when patterns were 65 cents (full retail) and "Simplicity" was the name of the game.


Everyone woman wanted to be a Vogue woman and walk down her imaginery New York Ave with style (even if she had to make it happen herself).


Of course, after a long day of shopping, she came home and changed into her lounge wear. Once she was finished lounging, she changed into her bed coat. I love bed coats and I think I want to single-handedly bring them back to popularity. They cover up the private parts when you don't have a bra on, and they are not as heavy as a robe.
Those times were so wonderful with style. I'm not sure if you have seen the film starring Katharine Hepburn, where she changes outfits every 5 seconds, but one great afternoon - rent The Philidelphia Story. Oh my goodness, what wonderful clothes and extravagance on every frame of that movie. We are all spoiled on the inside (just a little) so watch this movie like you were a little girl dressing up in anything and everything and demanding all that you want. It's a fantasy movie and it's just delightful.

No comments:

Post a Comment