Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Finished Knitted Dress



Yes, folks, I finished the dress! I know, it's been way too long for me not to post this but bare with me...here are the pics!


This image is from the inside of the dress. It has a lattice look where I wove the elastic in and out on the backside. I took the proper measurements but I have to say, it was very tight on her. So for the next set of pictures, I snipped off almost all of the elastic and just let about 3 strands hold up the dress.


And here we have it...it worked great! This white ribbon can be changed out for any occasion.This was for First Communion and she wore a little cover-up over the shoulders. The pattern called for straps but I thought they would fall off the shoulder (and I ran out of time) so we decided to skip them.



And here we changed the ribbon to red for our 4th of July party.




It is so soft and light weight, perfect for our summer party.
I do have to be realistic and know that she will only wear this for about 10 minutes (enough for me to get a picture) and then it will be shorts and t-shirt time. Ahhhhhh, the 4th....

1 comment:

  1. The dress is absolutely beautiful. You are so talented.

    ReplyDelete