Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Cake Mama

This beauty of a cake was made by my friend, Jess.


It's a chocolate cake with chocolate icing, ice cream in the middle, and white chocolate curls on top.

The glass cake stand is pretty and frosted while she did the curls...


...and great tip from Jess, use a marble tile like a cutting board to thin out the white chocolate. It's cooler than room temp (I didn't know that) and you can get the right temper of the chocolate. Why does this matter? If the temper is wrong, the chocolate tastes ok but can't be manipulated the way you want, a.k.a. it will be blochy and sticky. Read the directions on the packaging and do exactly what it says! Chocolate has a mind of it's own when you are trying to make it look pretty.



Beautiful job, Jess!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome Cake! I just found your blog and sure glad I did. Many great recipes I just hafta try :) Have a great day, susie

    ReplyDelete