Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Handmade Marketplace

This is a phenomenal book! The author, Kari Chapin, is amazing and I'm pumped to start her eCourse this week.



Why is this book so Phenom? It talks to crafters about creating a business. Is that what we all want? Not necessarily, but I love that she is making me answer my own questions about having a business goal. I may discover that I don't have a goal and that I just like to make things for people, but I feel like I'm at that next level where I need a little challenge and I'd like to see where I can go.


This will force me to be realistic and goal-oriented. I need that nudge because the creative side of me lives in a world where everything always works out.If you are considering turning your craft into your business, this is a great start! This will expose you to aspects about a business such as time committment, tax information, expenses, and marketing. I know, I know! All you want to do is make things. Well, me too, but I might be able to recover some money to at least buy more supplies to feed my sewing habits. Plus, making things just makes me feel better...so read on!



No comments:

Post a Comment