Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Make-shift Martha

Ok, I'm not claiming to be Martha or anything but remember that cupcake book I bought a few months ago? Well, I made the Blackberry Cornmeal Muffins straight out of the book.


Oh my goodness, this recipe was very easy, very pretty and very good.

I took pics by the book so you could see how an average girl like me can even make muffins look gourmet. The sugar is sprinkled on the top which gives it that delightful sweet surprise when you bite in.

These had the consistency of a dense muffin not necessarily a light and fluffy muffin. That means you get full much faster...but I ate two anyway.
Take advantage of the bounty of blackberries right now. They are in season and not too expensive. They freeze great and are better than the frozen ones you by prepackaged. I don't know why I can tell the difference but it seems like I can.


Just a glisten of sugar says...."Eat me!"

No comments:

Post a Comment