Thursday, June 3, 2010

Embroidered Bookmarks

This picture of Lily working on her embroidery is a repost, but I wanted to remind you of the work in progress. The bookmark is finally finished and turned out so cute.

The fabric is an old sheet I cut up and I used scraps from other projects for the backs. Then I used a little ribbon or ric-rac for the top of the bookmark. The embroidery thread is about 25 cents at Hancock Fabrics...super cheap idea. If you use Crayola Washable markers, they can pick the color they want and it washes right out. I am very new to embroidery and these stitches are basic. I pretty much just kept my needle and thread on top of the color and didn't worry about anything.


Kenny also made a bookmark for his grandma (at Christmas, yikes) and it's finished as well. The red one is for me from Lily. I think it's funny that she didn't put "mom" on the bookmark but put "Chrissy" instead.
The cutest thing about these bookmarks is that they are the real thing....the real creative energy from their thoughts. All I did was bring it out with thread. I love this idea. It's so easy, inexpensive and unique. The recipient is always happy!
This one was for Mema. Lily asked me what she should draw and I said, "just draw what you think of when you are with Mema." And this is what she came up with...."me and you!" I love it! Such a sweet thing to see when you open your book.

No comments:

Post a Comment