Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Patriotic Flags

Here is the process of the flag making. I laid out several pieces of fabric on a self-healing cutting board. Then I laid the template for the pattern (the size of the flag with the dimensions of the seam allowance included - 1/4 inch) on top and drew the triangle with a fine-tip sharpie. Why use a sharpie? It's easy to see and when I sew all of this together, you won't be able to see the ink. Using a fine-tip sharpie is better as it bleeds a lot less than a traditional size sharpie. Don't do this on anything you're going to wear! That would be a big chance you're taking.

I pinned the pieces together just so they wouldn't slide everywhere while I was cutting.




Then I started pairing up "random" pieces making sure I don't have two stars or two stripes side by side. It's looking cute!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment