Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Soccer Success

In lieu of recent soccer events, I'm posting a fabric soccer ball I made. This was for my 18 month old niece who loves to play "ball" with her older brother but isn't quite ready for the big kid balls.
I love the bright colors and high contrast, perfect for those little growing eyes. The fabric is pliable so she can grab it and carry it anywhere. She can even fall on it and sit on it if she wants too. Now, when you are working with batting, I found it almost impossible to make the perfect sphere. Well, it was a perfect sphere until children got a hold of it and started kicking and throwing (and laughing and playing) until it was completely bent out of shape. All is ok, though, because 18 month olds have really low standards as long as it's made well!

1 comment: