Wednesday, April 14, 2010

The Antique Couch

I bought this couch a while back and decided that it had great bones but needed to be recovered. LOTS of work but well worth it. I took off the fabric and pulled out all the staples. Then sanded down the wood and painted. I wanted to use milk paint and I did a layer of black under a layer of green.

I'm letting my secret out by saying that I wanted to recover it with a quilt. I got this quilt on an excellent sale from Pottery Barn. I bought the King Size so I would have ample fabric to work with. I actually wound up getting a lot of yardage for the price! I used the old pieces as my pattern for the new pieces, cut them out, and started stapling.

I made sure the lines were straight as I pulled the fabric (mostly because it was so hard to get those staples out and I didn't want to do that again).

I put the braiding all the way around to give it that finished look. I love the way it turned out and I really love the variations in patterns!



I have the matching duvet of the butterfly/oriental piece that I'm going to make curtains out of for the remodeled house...can't wait to see that!

1 comment:

  1. beautiful! I love it! (and it would be perfect for a photo shoot).

    ReplyDelete