Monday, April 5, 2010

Smoke City and Strawberry Shortcake

Over the holiday weekend, my husband, Ken, went to a place called Smoke City. It's that dreamland that men go into when they open the lid of a hot smoker just waiting to be filled with meat. His eyes glaze over and he gets a smile on his face. Nothing could come between him and the grill. Four slabs of ribs and three rubs from scratch. The word delicious only does a fraction of justice! Thanks, babe!

Then we move on to celebrate his sister, Sammy, my sister-in-law. She is a wonderful aspect in my life and was the next best step to an amazing dinner. She gave me these flowers several years ago and I just keep picking them every spring, precious!
Sammy made this awesome Strawberry Shortcake Cake from the pro...The Pioneer Woman, Ree Drummond. I love Sammy's idea of the strawberries on top! It's so you, Sammy!
The link is under my Recipe tab and she said it was easy to make and a definite show stopper. (we all love that)

Even getting cut apart, it's a beauty. Love it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment