Thursday, April 1, 2010

Knitted Dress

I'm back! After being out for a recovery period, I'm glad to say that things are getting back to normal. While I was recovering, I was able to work on my daughters knitted dress. She was wonderful in picking out the style she wanted. I love seeing those eyes light up when she finds the dress she loves. We chose the yarn together at L & B Yarn where they walked us through the store and gave us some pointers. Then it was off to knitting...

The pattern called for 5 hanks of yarn but I think I need one more to finish up.
The sweet design she picked was a lattice on top and stockinette stitch for the skirt. The pattern is called Crumpets from http://www.ravelry.com/.


It's coming along nicely. We have about 3 more inches to knit and then it's elasctic and straps.

The elastic will bunch the lattice together to make a smocked look.


This is the view from the knitters eyes. My husband and I counted how many hours for the skirt (you may not want to know that) and counted how many stitches. Right now the skirt is at about 26,264 stitches. This is something you've got to love...and I do!!!

1 comment: