Friday, September 10, 2010

County Fair

Ah, I'm back! I've been doing a little soul searching the last couple of weeks trying to decide if I should consider making crafts to sell. That clouded my spirit a little and made me less creative than ever. So, I let it ride and just focused on what made me happy. I don't know where this will go but as usual, it will be fine!

On to more fun things in life....THE COUNTY FAIR!

My daughter helped her sewing club do a scarecrow display and it was so fun. We were instructed to not spend a dime on this and only use what we could find around the house. It was a challenge but in a great way and forced us to be resourceful! The theme was "There's Magic at the Fair."

Pillowcase head, button eyes and sock mustache.Borrowed shirt from dad, trash bag vest, #10 can with paper plate rim as top hat spray painted black.
Papa's pants and another family's poster in the back. Add the glitter and magic carpet and "there's magic at the fair!"

They won 3rd place...not bad...super fun!


"Where do we start?"
Ahhhhhh, pumpkin weather around the corner. Beautiful watermelon and cantalopes!

A lot of people in this area have Black Walnut trees. FYI, they are murder to get open without crushing the nut inside. I've hit them with a hammer and run over them with the car...nope, not doing it, they just wouldn't open. That's why they are expensive! Just pay the money.

Gorgeous harvest!

Coooooool! They were loud too.

I loved that our little county brought in this huge portable fishtank. It was so neat!


Same sheep from the sheep farm we visited in the spring. Man, they have grown! I can't wait to see the wool. I'll find out where Faye sends it....oooo I feel another project coming on that I have absolutely no time for, so fun!
Next week the State Fair and lots of pics of my entries. We'll see if they do well.

No comments:

Post a Comment