Monday, September 27, 2010

A Fair with Ribbons

OH MY GOODNESS! I was so excited to go to the State Fair this week. It was a family hunt for the things that were entered. The Creative Arts building is really big when you are only looking for a few things. So with completely intent looks and a smile on our faces, we scoured the building. Look at what we found!




The knitted dress I made for Lily. It got 1st place in this category. I was shocked and so pleased!









Next up? The 1960's dress that I was trying so hard to finish in time for the judging. Wow, it got 2nd place. (the scarf on the dress is not mine but they did a great job!)












And we also found the pickled peaches that my daughter and husband helped me make at 2nd place. Oh, they were beautiful sitting on that shelf. I can't wait to eat them at the peak of winter when I need a summer pick-me-up.





The crocheted scarf got 5th place which I was still happy about!






I couldn't find my jam or pickled garlic but out of 7 entries, I got 5 ribbons and that is something to write home about....so, MOM, looky see and thanks for showing me so much!

1 comment:

  1. I am so proud of you and Lily too. I am not surprised that you got so many ribbons. You do excellent work.

    ReplyDelete