Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Antique Porch Glider - Part II

Recap from Part I ....the zipper getting pinned to the gusset.



I know this looks like a repair job with the tape on my sewing machine but I actually put the tape down so my daughter could use it as a guide for her quilt. There are measurements on the machine right by the presser foot but I was trying to teach her how to line up the fabric at the very front of the machine and guide the fabric all the way through. It's an easy technique if you're not sure about your placement.

This is an encounter that happens when you don't have a pattern and think you can just "wing it." I was a little short on the length of this piece so I added about and 1 1/2 to the end....which you can clearly see because it's a striped pattern. Oh well, we'll put that in the back!




Now, on to the pillows.
I wanted to recycle some old pillows because I liked the firmness (and I found them in the closet). So I measured each piece and laid them on the fabric as if I was going to wrap it like a present. I also wanted to be sure I had enough fabric and best placement for 3 pillows.





These strips are for the trim on one pillow. I'm going to make them all coordinate but want them to be just a little different.



I'm pinning the strips to one piece and then I'll put the other on top
to sandwich the strip inside with rights sides facing each other (the bright, pretty side). Don't forget to leave an opening so you can turn the pillow to the pretty side out.




And here we go! Turn the pretty side out and push the corners to that crisp, sharp corner with a dull pencil. Insert your pillow form or stuff to desired firmness.



And the final product................. TAAAADAAAAA!



1 comment: