Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Mountain Cabin and Adobe Houses

Mountain Cabin view...New Mexico mountains. The mountains of New Mexico bring me back to a time of no cares. They make you realize the present moment and breathe it in! The pine trees whisper like a waterfall and the blue mountain backdrop makes you feel like you're in a movie.
This is the beauty of the morning!

I was lucky enough to get a ride with my dear friends to Santa Fe, where I picked up a train to Albuquerque. It was a wonderful ride and the price for the Rail Runner? $7 one way...total deal!

Here's what I saw on the ride...
This adobe structure is in town and looks like it's on the road to restoration.

View leaving Santa Fe. Big, blue sky and sandy, stone colored houses.

Authentic adobe home and horno. The adobe is clay and mud baked or dried and built into a home. Adobe homes are very good at maintaining cool temps in the summer and staying warm in the winter. What is a horno? It's a clay oven used by Pueblo Indians to bake. These are still used and admired. I can't imagine cooking without a temperature control, so I completely admire and respect the ones who can look at the steaming, hot coals and say, "it's ready."

One last view of a dwelling and horno...
There's just no place like Santa Fe. Somehow there is an energy there that surrounds you and makes you realize what enchantment really is.

1 comment:

  1. When I worked in Santa Fe, I could definitely feel the energy every time I was there. I have never been able to use words to explain the feeling, but it is so there. Just a walk around the Square and you feel it.

    ReplyDelete