Thursday, May 20, 2010

Tornado Alley


Driving back into OK, I was welcomed by tornadic activity. That's what the weather forecasters really like to say "tornadic activity." I think this cloud is called an anvil cloud and, yes, it did develop into a tornado. It was very far away so I was completely safe.




This one however was a little closer to me....yikes!










I think this one is called a thunderhead that developed into tornado about 10 minutes after I took the picture.







This is my completely worried son looking on the Oklahoma map for some of the towns the news was calling out. He wanted to see how close they were to us (even though it's on the TV screen, it made him feel better).











Not a very clear picture, but he's clearly worried.

No comments:

Post a Comment